04 January 2007

..pack your bags...

...and so begins another free trip around the sun.



It's still very cold here. The streets are still iced over and snowmen are still standing guard. January is usually the month we really get our winter weather and if its anything like December we're in for a doozie. I hope to take several adventures in the state this year count on me having my camera close by. I snapped this picture yesterday morning. The sun was just rising and the moon was setting. This picture does not do justice to the actual look of the sky...it was quite beautiful AND it was a balmy 14 degrees.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Evening Mick
Its January 5th, arount 8 pm and its 49 degrees outside, almost top down weather! The lawn is still green, a few hardy plants are still holding out and if this keeps up I am going to have to put away the snowblower and fire up the lawnmower. Looks like we're having your winter and you ours..interest you in a good set of slightly uses studded snow tires?
I hope all is well with you and yours.
Dale

MICK said...

Howdy Dale...ayuup...we sure are having a Maine winter and another storm is due in tonight packing 2 to 8 inches...which is what they said last time and it dumped over a foot!!! Go figure. hmm...snow tires eh... might be a good investment!! Got any chains??

Hope you are well too man.. YOU should start a blog buddy!!

Mick

Anonymous said...

Mick
Sunday afternoon, almost 3, 57 degreees. A weird little sidebar, listening to talk radio like I do there was a local vet on the show today. Timber rattlers have been found in the southwestern part of the state and expected to be up to the central part of the state where I am in 5 to 10 years, this is due to the shift in climate. Maybe cactus soon?
Dale..and ayuup as a matter of fact I do have chains.

MICK said...

Damn..green grass, rattlers and maybe cactus soon...whats next...New Mexico green chili??? I hear its in the 70s along the east coast...Denver had an avalanche and we are getting another strong snowstorm on Friday...and I dont even own a good pair of snow boots.

Enjoy it while it lasts buddy. I know I miss mild weather!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mick
Mother Nature finally kicked in and gave us some snow..we got about 3 inches Monday. Now Ole Man Winter has to put in his 2 cents worth...tonight its supposee to go down to 3 below with wind chill about 25 below...glad I have a fireplace. Keep in touch bud.
Dale