16 January 2007

fyi

It's been awhile since my last post, just been a busy year and its only just started.


My uncle passed away a few days before Christmas . At the same time the Albuquerque area was hit by two big snow storms of record proportions preventing me from taking my dad to the funeral in Arizona. To top it off my dad had to go into hospital for an unexpected procedure so that sidelined him for a few days. We are still waiting for improved weather so we can at least pay our respects to my aunt. It is only a four and a half hour drive but he road between here and Winslow, AZ can be dangerous in bad weather.

I was going to complain about the 15 degree temps but I see my buddy Dale in Maine has let the air out of that balloon with his report of 3 degrees and a minus 25 degree windchill. He also had to rub it in by mentioning he has a fireplace!! haha..[hugs n gropes, Dale].

So I thought I'd post a few slivers of life here from the past few weeks. I had hoped to start the year off with a photo essay of Route 66 as it winds through the city but I'll have to wait for better weather.



Watch out for those ice slicks





Alot colder then it looks. It was 15 degrees with a windchill of 8 when I took this. Brrrrr










I'm out.

No comments: