09 May 2008

JEFF TWEEDY NO LONGER OWES ME $50

Jeff Tweedy/WILCO hath redeemed himself. The show tonight was EXCELLENT and the band covered a wide range of their catalog woo hoo!!! From AM to SUMMERTEETH to the MERMAID AVENUE cd's WILCO had a great two hour set!! No patronizing comments like ''we love you Albuquerque' just some good alt country/rock n roll!!!

I know my pics are crap [they are from my phone] but I did not take my good camera because I thought I would be searched and it would be taken away from me or worse I'd have to take it back to my truck...DOH!!! This is not LA!!!! Everyone had cameras!!! No one was searched!





One humorous note. This is my first concert in Albuquerque since I moved here three years ago. I was curious to see how the locals react at a concert. After its third song, the opening act - Retribution Gospel Choir's lead singer says, "why are you all so quiet -- this IS a rock concert" and he was right... this was the quietest audience I'd ever seen a show with. By the end of their set though every one was pumped up -- and what a show it was. I'd put it number two on my all time favorites, a Reverend Horton Heat show being number one.

Plans are in the works to see Drive-by Truckers in Santa Fe and My Morning Jacket in Red Rocks in late summer....I'll keep ya posted.

I'm out.








I'm out.

No comments: