13 August 2009

THE LAST DAYS OF SUMMER



"Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it."
-- Russell Baker

And so begins the waning days of summer. I've noticed that the nights from about 2 am on have started to cool down. The days are still warm mind you but this week the temps are not expected to go higher then 91.

Billboards are now advertising the New Mexico state fair [next month already!!!]

Networks are promoting their fall shows.

School zones are back in force.

Halloween candy has found its way to the shelves of Wal-Mart.

...and I'm making plans for my final major trip of the year which I will be taking in two weeks.

This should be a good one as two friends will be joining me on the adventure. Of course I will keep you posted

In September my friend Dale will be visiting from Maine so I have to brush up on my tour guide skills.

The next two weeks I will be busy with my dad and VA so I don't have any short trips planned.

Until then, keep checking back.

I'm out.

1 comment:

Vic Mansfield said...

I enjoy your blog. Hope things go well with your dad. Cheers.