09 November 2006

Scrapbook 02

Its been a very busy week and I have not had any free time for adventures. So today we'll flashback to my time in Los Angeles with some snapshots of the past 17 years.
I have tons of hard copy photos that I'm sure I will never put on disc or flashdrive. The following pictues are from the digital years as opposed to the pre-digital or 'film' [how quaint] years. Enjoy


Aah...Santa Monica Beach. 'nuff said.


Nothing like a grilled Dodger Dog, cold beer and 50,000 people to share it with.


Me and my buddy Felipe. THINK BLUE!


Nothing like taking a ferry out to Catalina Island on a spring day.








A day at the Santa monica Pier. Love that Italian Sausage from Jody's Sausage Kingdom along the boardwalk.




Cool winter's day in San Pedro.



Ireland?? No, San Pedro, CA and the Pacific.




For years some friends and I would take a trip back in time on the USS Lane Victory berthed in San Pedro. Live ragtime band, breakfast and lunch. A floating museum.


BATTLESTATIONS!! BATTLESTATIONS!!

Aerial ATTACK!!


The old Griffith Observatory, before the remodelling and restoration. This was my favorite place in Los Angeles. On a clear day you can see from downtown to the Pacific. And the night view is awesome. This is where I saw a planet [Saturn] for the first time in a large telescope. I was also there when meteors crashed into Jupiter. Since I moved, the observatory has been remodelled and I can't wait to get back and check it out.


Sunset at the G-O


I believe the rainy season of 2005 became the 2nd wettest on record. Sure made for some good pics anway.




Beijeng? Shanghai?? No, The Korean Peace Bell perched high above the Pacific in San Pedro. Amazing place.




Just past Zuma Beach and before you get to Oxnard is this cool beach that I guess alot of tourists don't know as its never been crowded the times I've been. One of the unique things about LA in winter is that I use to go to the beach every Christmas Day. The water is cold so you can't really go swimming but the Santa Ana winds keep the temps nice. This is from a trip my buddy Jeff and I took one Christmas. Good times.





Once upon a time Once when you were mine I remember skies Reflected in your eyes I wonder where you are I wonder if you think about me Once upon a time In your wildest dreams Once the world was new Our bodies felt the morning dew That greets the brand new day We couldn't tear ourselves away I wonder if you care I wonder if you still remember Once upon a time In your wildest dreams And when the music plays And when the words are touched with sorrow When the music plays I hear the sound I had to follow Once upon a time Once beneath the stars The universe was ours Love was all we knew And all I knew was you I wonder if you know I wonder if you t hink about it Once upon a time In your wildest dreams And when the music plays And when the words are touched with sorrow When the music plays I hear the sound I had to follow Once upon a time Once when you were mine I remember skies Mirrored in your eyes I wonder where you are I wonder if you think about me Once upon a time your wildest dreams

No comments: