15 April 2010

The Road Beckons....

I'm packin' for a new adventure this weekend, one that will take me out on a ledge....literally....yikes.

Until then, I wanted to recommend an new CD that has become my favorite of the year so far. After several disappointing releases from some of my favorite bands [Wilco, Daniel Johnson, Flaming Lips] I was ecstatic to hear Jonsi of Sigur Ros was releasing a solo CD called 'GO'.



It is an epic CD, filled with emotional highs and lows. I'm sure it is not for everyone, especially if you are more inclined to strictly rock or country or pop. Jonsi is definitely unique.

The third song on the CD, TORNADO is unlike anything you have heard before...well unless you are a Sigur Ros fan, then it will sound familiar.

Here, take a listen:




This is BOY LILIKOI:





I'll post while I'm on the road.

I'm out.

1 comment:

Vic Mansfield said...

Good travels! Safe journey. More pictures!