18 April 2010

Like Any Other Day





April 19th 1995.

I remember I was off that day and watching something mindless on television that morning when the news broke in.

There had been a bombing in Oklahoma City.

Once the smoke cleared, Timothy McVeigh would be found guilty and ultimately put to death.

We see news stories like this all the time: earthquakes, California firestorms, volcanoes and 9/11.

We are in shock for the moment but eventually go on with our lives and these events fade from memory and become a page in the history books.

It is different when you not only live it...but visit the place where something tragic has occurred. It stays with you.

It has with me.

I visited Oklahoma City for the first time in 2009.

My trip would not have been complete without a visit to the Oklahoma City Memorial.

To view my report, click here:

www.gmcbuddlowdown.blogspot.com/2009/05/like-any-other-day

...or see my link at right.

No comments: