10 May 2009

THE STAFF OF EL MORRO!!



I'm not one for souvenir collecting really. I mean I buy t-shirts and the occasional mug or trinkets for friends but I have never been one to desperately seek out 'thimbals' or 'shot glasses' or 'souvenir spoons'.

Until now.


One of the coolest things T-Rob and I picked up was at El Morro National Monument.

We noticed these cool staffs aka walking sticks at the visitors center. As we looked around we also saw these cool pictorial medallions aka emblems that you nail to your staff. The rest is history.


From here on out every place we went we madly looked for emblems that would mark our travels. Undoubtedly the coolest souvenirs of the journey.

Check out these websites:

http://www.backpacking.net/ and see under 'walking stick'.

http://www.hikeamerica.com/ -- an excellent source for pictorial medallions for your staff; however, I recommend you actually visit the place instead...it's a lot more fun.

I'm out.


UP NEXT:

RETURN TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH!



No comments: