25 May 2009

PARTING SHOT: POPs 66



And so my birthday trip comes to an end.

First, there is one more stop on the road to Tulsa.

In a previous post I mentioned two icons on Route 66 that T-Rob and I visited. The first was the Round Barn c.1898 of Arcadia, OK.

The second, a more recent addition in 2007.

Pops 66, also in Arcadia, OK.



Pops 66 is an ultra-modern gas station and convenience store.



Futuristic pumps and a giant sleek soda pop bottle on the outside...




...on the inside, thousands of soda pops from all over the USA!!

A soda-holics heaven!!



I had a black cherry pop from some place called Chicago. Sweet and cold!!

After purchasing my share of t-shirts and chatzkis we headed to Tulsa and my awaiting aircraft. I was homeward bound.

Another great trip in the adventure called My Life.

I would like to thank T-Rob for being a great tour guide!!

Until next time friends...

I'm out.

www.pops66.com

...my last shot:

1 comment:

t-rob said...

I promise BBQ @ Elmers the next time