24 March 2008

OUCH!!!!!




So did you hear what James Carville, a Clintonista, said today about Billy Richardson???



Oh man this is better then As The World Turns:



By Patrick Healy

BLUE BELL, Pa. – James Carville, a political adviser to the Clintons, said this afternoon that he stood by his comment last Friday – Good Friday, to Christians – comparing Gov. Bill Richardson of New Mexico to Judas, even though a Clinton campaign aide said today that, if he were Mr. Carville, he would apologize for the remark.

“I was quoted accurately and in context, and I was glad to give the quote and I was glad I gave it,” Mr. Carville said. “I’m not apologizing, I’m not resigning, I’m not doing anything.”


Over the past Easter weekend, television news programs and other media outlets have heavily covered a remark that Mr. Carville made to the Times about Mr. Richardson's endorsement of Senator Barack Obama. Given that Mr. Richardson held positions in the Clinton administration, and is a friend to Mrs. Clinton, the endorsement constituted an “act of betrayal,” Mr. Carville said.


Then he added this coup de grace:“Mr. Richardson’s endorsement came right around the anniversary of the day when Judas sold out for 30 pieces of silver, so I think the timing is appropriate, if ironic,” Mr. Carville said, referring to Holy Week.

Mr. Richardson shot back saying that comment was the sort that some people around the Clintons tended to make.


Given the media play and replay, a reporter this afternoon repeatedly asked Howard Wolfson, Mrs. Clinton’s communications director, if Mr. Carville should apologize and if the Clinton campaign tolerated that sort of rhetoric.

At first Mr. Wolfson answered generally, saying that sort of language was not welcome, but in the end gave a fairly pointed answer.


“You’ll have to ask James if he wants to apologize,” he said. “If I had said it, I would apologize.”

So I called Mr. Carville again and asked if he wanted to revise his remarks or actually apologize. For several seconds he laughed – cackled might be more accurate – and then said he stood by his quote fully.


He says what he means and he means what he says. I personally have always liked Jim Carville. I am sure that by Friday all this will be old news, although I'm sure Sean Hannity will have a field day with this for some time.

When Governor Richardson announced his run for the presidency [it wasn't even here in New Mexico it was announced in California!!!!] He repeatedly said "I'm not interested in being vice president, I want to be the president!" What a croc. He can't wait to get back into main stream politics and Obama-rama handed him that ticket...not necessarily a vp slot but I'm sure its a great seat in his adminstration.

I'm out.

No comments: