04 July 2007

This Is Our Country

I remember once some friends and I drove from LA to Vegas. I'm from the desert and have always loved it. My old roommate was from Cleveland....green...humid... He hated that drive across the Mojave Desert to Vegas. "It's brown, whats the big deal." he said and fell back to sleep. The friends that accompanied us were not as negative as he was but they had no love for the desert. It's big. It's beautiful...and its sooo clean. How can you not love it. I have driven I-40 many times from LA to Albuquerque and still can not get enough of it.

[ CLICK ON ANY PICTURE TO ENLARGE ]




Sometimes the vistas do not look real. You would almost swear they were painted by Charles Russell -- especially the clouds. Man I have grown to appreciate clouds since moving here.











Next post: The Legacy of Mary Colter.


No comments: