24 May 2007

U.S. Under Dictatorial Rule??

I'm not sure why this story is not getting more press but on 9 May 2007 El Presidente Bush signed a directive that granted near dictatorial powers to the office of the President in the event of a national emergency declared by the President. No press release was sent out and no national news organization has covered the story as far as I know.

According to Jerome Corsi at www.worldnetdaily.com this would allow the President control of all federal, state, local, territorial and tribal governments as well as private sector organizations , allowing them to function under the Presidents directives in the event of a national emergency. The directive loosely defines "catastrophic emergency" as "any incident, regardless of location, that results in extraordinary levels of mass casualties, damage or disruption severelly affecting the US population, infrastructure, environment, economy or government functions. [Can you say Katrina, bird flu or dog food contamination?? or even as of this writing tooth paste contamination.]

Under the National Emergency Act the President "may seize property, organize and control the means of production, seize commodities, assign military forces abroad, institute martial law,
seize and control all transportation and communication, regulate the operation of private enterprise, restrict travel and in a variety of ways control the lives of United States citizens." Didn't we revolt against the King of England so this would not happen???

Several months ago I had mentioned in my blog that NM Governor Bill Richardson was most likely going to run for President. In that blog I joked that he and Kim Jung Il were 'buddy-buddy'. The next day I received an email from one of his staffers that I should not say that and the two were not "friends" How on earth and why would anyone be searching the internet to see who was talking about a future presidential candidate. I can only wonder how many creepy emails I might receive because of this posting. If you don't hear from me again....you'll know why.


Wouldn't it be interesting if on the eve of the next Presidential election another terrorist attack occured and the election were cancelled...... The truth is out there.

I'm out.

[Jaiuymes, if you are reading this and I should suddenly disappear you can have my comic book collection....] ...cue Twilight Zone Music

No comments: